My TpT Store

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Personification Writing

I had about a week before Thanksgiving break, and I didn't want to get into anything too involved.  So, I designed this short writing assignment to review figurative language (personification) and help students write a step-by-step narrative.  Since everyone loves food, I thought I'd capitalize on that.




This customizable PowerPoint has students writing about a chosen food's journey from farm to table at Thanksgiving. It includes an organizer that asks students to draw the steps before writing about them. It also includes an optional activity in which students will create a "Missing" poster for the food that was consumed.

You can get your free copy by clicking here.

Do you do anything special for your writing assignments during this time of year?

No comments: