My TpT Store

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Introducing the American Revolution

I'm always trying to find ways to incorporate reading into other subjects.  I especially like it as introduction to a text.  Jean Fritz's books are fantastic for this purpose in history!



I have students read the book in pairs or trios.  After reading it all the way through, I have them go back and answer the questions in the packet.

You can pick up a free copy of my packet at my TpT store by clicking here.

Do you have any other great books to use for the American Revolution?

4 comments:

Fourth Grade Flipper said...

I love that book and use it during my American Revolution unit too! In ELA last year, we read "Toliver's Secret" and the really enjoyed it. Thank you for the free packet!!
~Holly
Fourth Grade Flipper

Heather said...

I will have to check out "Toliver's Secret". Thanks for the suggestion!

natalee said...

I am your newest follower.. My fifth grade just watched 1776 the musical with me...We laughed through most of it but it was great..

Heather said...

That's a new one for me, but I love anything that encourages us to laugh. I'll have to check it out!