My TpT Store

Sunday, May 11, 2014

End of Year Letter to Next Year's Students

At the end of each school year, I have the students write a letter summarizing their experiences.  I put them out on the desks for next year's students on Back to School Night.  It's a fun project for this year's kiddos, and I always like seeing the looks on the faces of next year's kiddos as they read about what's in store for them.

First, I print several copies of the outline (see the first page example below).  I make sure there's at least one copy for every two students to share.  Students do NOT write on these.  Instead, they will copy the sentences on notebook paper to make the letter.  I will allow students to write on the outline if they need that differentiation, but most do just fine with copying it onto paper.


For those students needing a challenge, I included the following activity.  They love drawing their favorite parts of our room!



I also included a rubric because I find that students need clear expectations of how to complete the assignment and it helps with self-editing.


You can pick up a copy by clicking here.

 This customizable PowerPoint includes:
-A letter outline with fill in the blanks. This can be used as an organizer or as the letter itself. I have students copy the outline onto notebook paper unless they need differentiation.

-A rubric for students to use for self-editing and teacher grading

-A challenge assignment for early finishers           

Do you do an end of year letter?  If so, I'd love to hear what you include!

1 comment:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Love this and we are totally doing this!!!