My TpT Store

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Middle School Hacks: Early Finisher Enrichment

Oh, enrichment in a middle school science room!  What to do?  Gather up some content-related articles and laminate them to start.


Trust me, these may look too "babyish", but my students still love them.

I often used the Close Reading technique in my 4th Grade classroom, but I wasn't quite sure how to adapt it for my middle schoolers.  Then, I thought about what the critical skills are that all students, regardless of age, should practice.  I always like to have articles available, so I hatched this plan.



This packet includes:
~A teacher direction page
~A student direction page

This activity increases the following skills:
Reading comprehension
Asking questions about what students are reading
Determining importance

Increasing content-area vocabulary

If you'd like to pick up a copy, click here.

Do you use Close Reading in your classroom to teach or enrich?  I'd love to hear how!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited about this document. This will be my first year teaching 6th/7th grade science. I've been looking for something for fast finishers!