My TpT Store

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Alphabet Sensory Box

Want to practice alphabet/letter recognition skills?  Then check out this easy sensory box made with materials from the Dollar Tree!

I like to use an all-black backdrop when I make my sensory boxes. To do this, I like to use a combination of smooth stones and black beans from the Dollar Tree. It really makes the materials stand out!


Setting up a sensory box with black beans and rocks from the Dollar Tree.



  One of my favorite sensory boxes is the Alphabet Box.  All you have to do is add magnetic letters to the rocks and beans.  I like to use both upper and lower-case letters so my son is familiar with both.  These are Melissa and Doug magnetic letters, but any letters will do.  


Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Alphabet sensory box.



When the letters are mixed in with the beans and rocks, I call out a letter. My son finds it and places it in the metal cake pan.


Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Alphabet sensory box.



Yes, the activity and child are in a box. This is for two reasons:  First, he loves playing in boxes. Not. Even. Kidding. Secondly, note that all the stray beans and rocks are contained. It makes clean up a snap and spares me from slipping on them later. 

Do you have any alphabet/letter sensory boxes that you just couldn't live without? I'd love to get some more ideas!





No comments: