My TpT Store

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep

Would you like to get to sleep faster?  Do you wish the sleep you do get was more restful?  Then this post is for you!


Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep



Teachers!  This time of year can do a number on our sleep if we let it. Confession: I have to really work on my sleep.

The following are the time-tested things that help me. 


1. Dim the Lights an Hour Before Bedtime
That includes all electronics, especially your phone. Change your phone's setting to "night shift mode". This is what it looks like on an iPhone.


Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep





2. Take a Warm Bath or Shower
There's just something soothing about washing away the day's cares. Plus, I like knowing I won't have to rush to shower in the morning. 


3. Essential Oils

Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep


I use a roller bottle of cedarwood, wild orange, frankincense, and serenity blend (DōTERRA).  I put it on the bottoms of my feet and big toe before bed. It gives me such amazingly restful sleep!  On nights I forget to use it I toss and turn a lot more. 


4.  Get in Bed 1/2 Hour Before You Need to Go to Sleep
This one is pretty simple. Put the papers that need grading and the to-do list down. Get yourself in bed with a good book or a meditation podcast. You know, things that make you feel relaxed. 


5.  Use White Noise or a Fan

Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep



For white noise, I use the White Noise Baby app. It does cost money but it's got a bunch of different noise options, such as air conditioner, hair dryer, and vacuum. Oddly enough, I always opt for the fan noise. I also like the real thing. So don't be afraid to get an actual fan if that appeals more to you. 



6.  Use a Sleep Mask

Teacher Savior: How to Get to Sleep Fast and Stay Asleep




This might be too much for some people, but I swear it's increased my quality of sleep.  I like the Drift to Sleep mask


Those are my must-haves for a restful night. What are yours?  I can never have too many tricks up my sleeve for sleep!  





1 comment:

Heather said...

I try to write about self care as much as possible. Stop by my blog again soon for more posts like this one. Thank you!