My TpT Store

Sunday, August 11, 2013

What's for Lunch?

My posts are almost always about student work or core subject-related material, but I found myself preparing for school in a different way this week.  I rarely buy lunch at school because I have to eat several mini-meals throughout the day to feel satisfied and well. 

So my post this week is about the new yummies I found to take for lunch thanks to Pinterest.  My focus was on DIY Starbucks boxes.  I love their protein boxes to keep me fueled up throughout the day, but I'm on a tight food budget.  So homemade it is!  These are perfect for the busy teacher on the go.


Mini whole wheat pitas, an apple, a hard boiled egg, 1 ounce of cheese, a handful of almonds, and a tablespoon or two of jam.  I will skip the tea and cherry because I'm not fond of those.



1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 whole wheat bagel, 1 ounce of cheese, 1 cup mixed fruit, 1 tablespoon nut butter.  I might want to add some almonds or other nuts to this one.



A handful of crackers (I like Special K or Triscuits), 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 an apple (although I would probably use a whole apple), 1 tablespoon nut butter, 1 cup fruit, 1 ounce cheese.




A handful of crackers, 1 ounce cheese, salami (I like the deer bologna that my family gives me in the fall), 1 cup of mixed fruit, 1 cup dippable veggies.  The crackers, cheese and bologna are like mini pizzas!  You could also substitute lunch meat for the bologna if you don't like salami or bologna.  I would add a tablespoon of salad dressing for the veggies. 

Do you have any go-to ideas for a healthy and portable lunch?  I'd love to hear them!






2 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Love this! And so healthy! I need to do better with my lunches. I eat a lot of sandwiches and frozen meals. I could eat a lot healthier!

Heather said...

I need to work on this as well! I'm going to try to put these things on my shopping list.