My TpT Store

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Behavior Management Cards

I am a big believer in having a behavior management system that allows some flexibility for the teacher, as well as give multi-sensory cues to the student.

In middle school, I knew a clip chart wasn't going to fly. So I created a card reminder system. 



While creating the cards, I thought of three main behaviors I wanted to see. These were: Teamwork, hard work, including staying on task, and evidence of higher-level thinking. I named these "Praise Cards". 



Then, I thought of the three main behaviors I wanted to curb. These were: Talking at inappropriate times, off-task behaviors, and leaving the group or their seat at inappropriate times. I named these "Reminder Cards".  


If I see a desired behavior, they get a Praise Card to keep for the period.  At the end, they write their name on a slip of paper to be entered into a drawing for prizes.  I plan to draw names about once every month or so.

If I see negative behaviors, I give a verbal warning first.  If the behavior continues, I give the Reminder Card.  If it still continues, I give a written referral (our school policy).  I find that having a reminder in front of them usually curbs the behavior for the period.

I made a PowerPoint of the cards so I could print as many as I needed.
This editable PowerPoint includes:
~4 "Reminder Cards" for talking
~4 "Reminder Cards" for off-task behavior
~4 "Reminder Cards" for being out of seats
~4 "Praise Cards" for teamwork
~4 "Praise Cards" for hard work
~4 "Praise Cards" for higher-level thinking

If you want to pick up a copy, click here.

Do you use a card system in your classroom?  I'd love to hear how!

No comments: