My TpT Store

Sunday, December 25, 2016

New Year, New Practice: Teacher Vision Boards Instead of Resolutions

Do you want to live your life with the same growth mindset you teach to your students?  Then it's time to start thinking about what you want for yourself in the new year!  Join me as I begin my vision board journey!

Even though it's not the new year yet, it is actually the best time to be thinking about what you want for yourself next year.


1.  Think about the areas of your life and career that mean the most to you.  
Don't just think about work.  Be sure to add areas for personal growth and health, too.

Here are some of my top areas I will focus on next year:

Health
Teacher Self-Care
Income
Career


2.  Choose whether you would like a tangible vision board or a digital one.
I chose digital for the ease of changing and adding to the pictures.  I simply used PowerPoint, but many people prefer the tangibility of scrabooking their vision board.


3.  Collect pictures from magazines or online that will help you visualize your areas of focus.



Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Creating a Teacher Vision Board





Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Creating a Teacher Vision Board




4.  Look at your vision board several times a day.
I plan to look at it when I get up and before bed, at the very least.


That's it!  So simple, but so effective.  This will guide your thinking and actions each day.


How do you create goals for yourself for the next year?  I'd love to hear about it!


Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Creating a Teacher Vision Board




No comments: