My TpT Store

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Teaching Nonfiction Text Features

Normally, I wait until later in the year to teach identifying nonfiction text features.  This year may require me to teach it early and and often throughout the year.

So I decided to compile all the best resources I've found to date in one PowerPoint.  Most of the slides in this PowerPoint are customizable, with the exception of the task cards at the end. It includes the following:
~Teaching how to find "cloudy" and "don't know" words
~Using fix-up strategies to figure out "cloudy" and "don't know" words
~A nonfiction text feature scavenger hunt
~Textmapping
~Newspaper/Magazine Center task cards





You can pick up a free copy at my TpT store by clicking here.

What do you use to teach nonfiction text features?  Do you teach them in other subjects besides reading?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments: