My TpT Store

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Brain Breaks--Music List

I attended a workshop in which the presenter taught us to us music clips for transition times.  It's amazing how quickly the kids stop what they're doing, clean up and get out of their seats for a minute or two of dancing!  You might think this isn't worth the loss of instructional time, but let me assure you that IT IS!!!  We do this about every 20 minutes, and I get so much more genuine attention from them afterwards that I do this religiously. 

I downloaded all these songs from Zune (another company that competes with iTunes).  http://social.zune.net/music/.  I adapted the music to include some educational songs.  Sneaky, aren't I? 

Here is a a list of the favorites: 
  • "The Place Value Rap" by Rockn' the Standards
  • "The Turbo Hustle" by DJ Maestro Presents...
  • "Cupid Shuffle" by Cupid
  • "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
  • "The Freeze" by Greg and Steve
  • "Peanut Butter and Jelly Time" by Silly Kidz
  • "Aint No Party Like a Number 9 Party" by Math Man
  • "Let's Do Them Eights" by Math Man
  • "Seven Tables (Ludacris and Pharell style)" by Multiplicaiton Hip Hop with Mr.G. & The Kiddie Crunk Crew
  • "Nonagon" by They Might Be Giants
  • "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" by Johnny Only
  • Macarena by Los Ninos de Sara
You can also get a bunch of the newer pop songs as the "karaoke version" with no words (only the melody).  I've done this for Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, etc.  Just search for the band's name and look for "karaoke" on the album cover.  A word of caution: Listen to the song ALL THE WAY THROUGH.  Some songs have vocals randomly throughout the song, and they aren't what you want to be sharing in a classroom.

No comments: