My TpT Store

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Freecycle

Do you know about http://www.freecycle.org/?  This little gem has brought me so much joy in the past week that I can't even put it into words. 

The best thing?  It's FREE!

There's a bonus:  It keeps things out of the dump! 
Second bonus:  It gets the junk out of my house! 

You can offer your unwanted items or ask for things you want from the network of people in your area.  Once you offer an item and someone says they want it, they come and pick it up.  You go pick it up if you're the one requesting the item.

This can also be used for your classroom. I've requested a shelf for my classroom. We'll see if I get an offer.


In less than 48 hours, I've gotten rid of a mini bar, a spice rack, a log holder for the fireplace, old workout gear and a floor scrubber.  I am feeling very feng shui right now. Maybe I need a bonzai Chritmas tree?

No comments: