My TpT Store

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daily 5 Center Rotation

I was reading a post at the Wise Guys blog, when I was inspired to write one of my own.  If you haven't checked out their blog, you should: http://wiseguystpt.blogspot.com/

I was finding that when students were given the choice of centers, they were picking their favorite and never completing any of the rest.  So when I came across these Daily 5 rotation bookmarks, I was ecstatic! 
You can check out the originals at http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/daily-5-bookmarks.html

If you laminate them, you can have the students check off the categories as they complete them with Sharpie.  It wipes off easily with rubbing alcohol.

The "Must-Do" at the top for our class is to read for 15 minutes from their buddy books.


As I mentioned in a previous post, I keep the literacy center activities stored in hanging pockets beneath my chalkboard.  I got these pockets from Really Good Stuff.  They're pretty sturdy and they keep the centers visible.

I keep the Daily 5 labels in the front of each pocket so kids know which activity they are completing.  I also staple one of those labels onto the activities so they make it back into the correct pocket.

No comments: