My TpT Store

Friday, February 17, 2012

Student-Created Comics

So, our state 4th grade writing test is coming up in the next couple of months.  Starting next year, it will all be online (no paper and pencil---blah!).  We're supposed to get them used to typing in a text box for this.  Uh huh, with all that extra time we have to just stroll on over to the computer lab. 

In any case, I'm always on the lookout for websites that sort of simulate this.  I posted one about storybird recently:  http://storybird.com/

I've now found a new website that allows students to use a variety of comic-style backgrounds and thought bubbles to create and publish a story called makebeliefscomix.com.


It takes a little clicking and dragging, but it's pretty self-explanatory.  I plan to put it on the SmartBoard and play around with it next week to introduce it to students, and then add it to my Literacy Center choices.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I love this thank you. I am one of your new followers and i love your page!