My TpT Store

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Care to Play a Game of Tag?

Courtney at Teaching in Paradise has tagged me!  I'm a gamer at heart, so this should be fun!

Here Are The rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)

Here are Courtney's questions and my answers:

1. What is the one thing that you couldn't live without in your class?
The projector that hooks up to my laptop.  I use this ALL day for everything from showing movies to projecting written instructions.

2. If you could teach any grade, what would it be and why?
High School Honors English for two reasons:  My grandfather was a middle school English teacher and I got the chance to substitute teach one of these classes.  So much fun!

3. What is your absolute favorite food?
Pasta!  It could be covered in cheese, marinara, butter, or alfredo.  I love it all!

4. What does a typical morning breakfast look like for you?
2 eggs over easy, a piece of toast, and at least one cup of coffee.

5. Nicest thing that a parent has ever said to you?
Thank you for teaching my child the way he needs to be taught.  He's responded so well to you!

6. Most touching moment with/from a student
One of my grade level teachers taught her class how to sign my name and they signed/sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

7. Favorite website besides blogger and pinterest.
1000 Awesome Things.  It highlights one of the million reasons to be happy each day that I often forget.  It's the homepage on my laptop.

8. Best place you've ever traveled to and why?
That would be a tie between Deep Creek Lake in Maryland and The Outer Banks in North Carolina.  I love the sun and water.  Anytime I can mix the two is heaven to me.

9. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
Sleep!

10. About how much time, on average, would you say that you spend doing things for school?
Oh, my.  At least 1-2 hours a day, and that would be a good day!

Here are the 10 bloggers I'm tagging because I'm excited to get the chance to pick their brain:
Tanya at A Class Act
Laura at Love to Teach
Ruth at Teacher Park


Here are the questions inquiring minds (me) are dying to know about you:
1.  What tricks/techniques do you have to keep the things you bring home from school to a minimum?
2.  How do you "fake" happiness on the worst of days?
3.  Quick!  You wake up with 10 minutes left to get out the door.  What is your go-to piece of clothing that makes you look put-together?
4.  Flats or heels?
5.  How do you make peace with a difficult parent?
6.  What's your most expensive guilty pleasure?
7.  Pretend you have an entire weekend to yourself.  How do you spend it?
8.  Favorite t.v. show?
9.  What was the last book or movie that made you laugh and cry at the same time?
10.  What is one skill you possess that would surprise most people if they knew?
 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for tagging me! I will FINALLY be able to fill it out tonight!

Jen

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag, Heather!

Nicole
Teaching With Style