My TpT Store

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Organizing Mail and Absent Work

I am so excited to be moving into a middle school Science teaching position!  Two of my biggest passions are Social Studies and Science, so I feel especially blessed with this change.  Of course, with every new classroom and grade change, there comes new organization challenges.  So, that's what I've been working on this week.

I gathered inspiration fro the image below:




I thought the hanging file folders were brilliant to file all those graded assessments and mail for each student in all four blocks of my classes.  Then I would just need another crate to hold materials for absent students and one to hold extra papers, since someone seems always to misplace papers and need new ones.  To make it my own, I wanted to make the images on the labels be those that make me happy.  Thus, the chocolate and coffee.





I just have to use my rosters to assign numbers to the students and label all the file dividers with the numbers.  Then, students will know what papers belong to them and I don't have to spend precious instructional time handing out papers.  Then I can hang them on the front of the file crate with binder rings.

If you'd like to pick up a copy, click here.

I'll be working on more things to brighten up the room and make it feel more like home.  I can't wait to share more!



No comments: