My TpT Store

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Teacher Must-Haves to Start the Year Smoothly

Are you looking for things that will make the beginning of the school year go more smoothly?  How about things that will get you organized and save time?  If so, then read on to see what my top five sanity-saving (and must-have) items are!


1. Personal Laminator


Teacher must-have items: Personal Laminator


Skip the long lines waiting to use the industrial-sized laminator and get some of your laminating done at home. Plus, the quality of the laminate is so much better. This is a Scotch TL901. I've had it for several years and I love it!



2. Flash/Thumb Drive
Either go through and organize the files on last year's drive, or buy a new one and copy the files you want from the old one. Either way, make sure the files and folders are organized in a way that makes it easy to access the things you need.



3.  Remind (Text Reminder Service for Parents and Students)


Beg, Borrow, and Teach!: Using Remind technology to communicate with parents and students.

As soon as I know how many classes I'm teaching, I set this up!  I relentlessly  send several paper copies home on how to sign up, and I email parents with the instructions.  I usually have about 70% of my students/parents signed up each year, and they love it, too!  If you'd like to read more about how I use this, click here.


Document Camera


Top 5 Teacher Must-Have Items: Document Camera



If you've always wanted a document camera but it isn't in the school's budget, this is an affordable option. It's an IPEVO, and I bought mine several years ago for about $70. This thing is awesome! A small list of what you can do with it: Record videos, take pictures, project what you're doing on a screen (I do this every day to show students what I'm highlighting in their notes). There are many more things that can be done with it, but these are the ones I use most often. It's been worth every penny!

Hot Glue Gun


Top Teacher Must-Have Items: Hot Glue Gun



I absolutely LOVE this hot glue gun!  It has a removable cord.  It heats up fast.  It stays hot for a decent amount of time when you unhook it from the cord.  It cools down relatively quickly when you completely unplug it.  If you want to read more about how I use my hot glue gun to put up posters on the wall, read this post.


What can you absolutely not live without at the beginning of the school year?  I'd love to hear your ideas?



No comments: