My TpT Store

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Teacher Self-Care Practice: Essential oils

I've recently come to love my essential oils for pulling double-duty in my home AND in the classroom.  Read this post to see how I use them for calming, health, and clarity.


Here are the ways I use oils in the classroom:

1. Diffusing


Teacher Self-Care Practice: Essential Oils in the classroom.

I love this little portable diffuser.  It has a USB cord and is small enough to fit in a cup holder in your car.  That means you can easily take it from your car to classroom.  Just a drop or two of oil, and this bad boy will diffuse for a few hours.  I love that it will not make the whole classroom smell of essential oil, just my desk area.


2.  In my water

A drop or two of lemon oil encourages me to drink more water and detoxes my system.


3.  In my tea

A drop of On Guard in my tea gives it a nice clove, cinnamon, spicy taste and protects me against sickness.  Bonus:  If it's Magnesium Tea, it promotes calm, clarity, and energy.


Teacher Self-Care Practice: Essential Oils in the classroom.



4.  Cleaning 

My desk, the tables, the counters.  Middle-schoolers still get sick... a lot. and their germs are all over the place.  At the very least, I need to wipe my desk down before eating/snacking.  If I see/hear evidence of a kid being sick, I start wiping chairs and tables.


Teacher Self-Care Practice: Essential Oils in the classroom.



Do you use oils in your classroom?  I'm looking for more ways to use them, so I'd love to hear how you use them!





No comments: