My TpT Store

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Math Vocabulary Station

Since I am revisiting how my Guided Math stations work this year, I noticed how my Math Vocabulary Station needed tweaking.  One thing all my students need practice with is identifying the operation words in word problems.  So I created a little game to help them practice identifying addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division words.



Students take turns drawing cards with key words on them and identifying which operation they apply to.  If they get the right answer, they can advance their game piece on the board.




This editable PowerPoint includes a vocabulary game and word cards to help students recognize words related to:
~Subtraction
~Addition
~Multiplication
~Division
It includes:
~A game board
~8-10 words for each concept
~An answer key for self-checking

You can pick up a copy by clicking here.

How do you teach vocabulary in your math class?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments: