My TpT Store

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners

Do you want an engaging way to teach or review material?  How about an activity that involves movement?  Then 4 Corners is for you!


I got my inspiration for this activity from Responsive Classroom's Middle School Motivators! 22 Interactive Learning Structures.  Even though is says "Middle School", this activity could easily be used for upper elementary students as well.


Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners



The idea is to be able to use a multiple-choice test have students moving to different corners of the room, marked with the letters of the test choices.  I made letters big enough to see from anywhere in the room with PowerPoint.  I decided to laminate them so they would last longer.


Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners



Once they were laminated and cut apart, I hot-glued them to each of the corners of the room.  This glue gun is awesome!  It has the capability to be cordless and stays hot for a long time.  It's one of my Teacher Must-Haves to Start the Year Smoothly.



                                  Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners




Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners



Student Engagement/Review Activity: 4 Corners





The last step is to read from the test or project it on the Interactive Whiteboard.  I have students pair up and discuss the answer before I let them choose an answer.  They must have a reason they can explain/support before moving to a corner.

And that's it!

Have you used any ideas from Middle School Motivators?  Do you use movement to review material in your classroom?  I'd love to hear about it!









No comments: