My TpT Store

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Music in the Classroom Link-Up

I love, love, love using music as both a learning tool and a brain break in the classroom!  So when Alana at Special Teaching in the Middle created a link-up for showcasing this, I was all about it!

I'll start with a few science videos with catchy tunes that I use as anticipatory sets:
Hurricanes and Twisters

Biomes and Ecosystems

Phases of the Moon

Why Seasons Change

Now, here's the list of songs I use to reinforce math concepts. 

Nonagon by They Might Be Giants: geometry/polygons

Geometry Quiz by Obie Leff

6's Song by Rockin' the Standards (6 multiplication facts review)

Seven Tables by Mr.G. & the Kiddie Crunk Crew (7 multiplication facts review)

Let's Do Them Eights by Math Man (8 multiplication facts review)

Aint No Party Like a Number Nine Party by Math Man (9 multiplication facts review)

Quadrilateral Dance by Rockin' the Standards (quadrilaterals)

The Place Value Rap by Rockin' the Standards

Perimeter Area by Rockin' the Standards

Measurement Song by Rockin' the Standards


How do you use music and videos in your classroom?  I'd love to hear your creative ideas!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather,
Thank you so much for sharing!
I love the math linkups. I think I can incorporate the area and perimeter into my units next year.
Have a Great Memorial Day,
Alana
Special Teaching in the Middle

Josh Bennett said...

Great topic for discussion! I've linked up and shared a few of my faves for my 4th graders. :)

http://mrbsbeachbrains.blogspot.com/2012/05/music-in-classroom-link-up.html

Josh

Heather said...

Alana and Josh: So glad to be able to share! I'm looking forward to reading more about how you and others use music in the classroom!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for sharing these songs...going to have to check them out for next year!

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Leslie said...

Hi Heather! I love your post and am so glad you shared the video about the seasons! I cant wait to use them next year!!

The linky party is on my blog and you should totally link this post up!! Thanks so much for sharing the great videos!

Hope you have a great last few days of school!

Leslie
http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com/2012/05/linky-party-music-in-classroomnay-or.html