My TpT Store

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Restitution Consequences

While aimlessly pinning one afternoon, I came across a post on "Restitution Consequences" for siblings.  Basically, it's a way to teach children to sincerely apologize through acts of kindness related to the thing that got them in trouble in the first place.  For example, if children are being too rough with each other, they will comfort each other until both parties feel better.  You can read the whole article by clicking here.

I then saw another pin about something called a "chore bucket".


Basically, if you don't do your part to help keep the house clean, you have to draw a chore to to make up for it. 

The article and picture got me to thinking.  We are a classroom family.  My students often behave like siblings.  One day they're best buds and the next... not so much.  They choose to do random nice things and sometimes they choose to do things that hurt each other's feelings. 

The combination of the restitution consequences and "chore bucket" seem like a great natural consequence and in my mind.  So I created a list of consequences that would help with consequences and fostering a sense of caring and community at the same time. 


I'd love to hear if you do something similar with your kids at home or in the classroom!




No comments: