My TpT Store

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Library of Congress Professional Development

My friend and coworker, Andrea, from One Teacher's Take recently shared with me that she has been completing online modules from the Library of Congress, so I thought I'd check them out.  I'm so glad I did!



Among my favorite things that I learned:
  • How to use primary sources to support inquiry-based learning
  • How to respect copyrights
  • How to teach students to analyze primary sources and create "I wonder..." statements to extend learning
  • How to use the thousands of online primary sources at the Library of Congress

At the end of each module, you can print the certificate of completion, which is great.  However, the information I gained from the experience would have been plenty for me!

Get started on your own journey through primary sources by clicking here

What online professional development opportunities have you taken part in and loved?  I'm looking for more!

No comments: