My TpT Store

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Getting to Know Virginia Abolitionists

One of my goals this year was to incorporate short video clips into my Virginia Studies curriculum as Anticipatory Sets.  I found a great one about Nat Turner's Rebellion, and it's even created by a fellow teacher! 


He introduces/narrates the video and even adds a bit of humor to it.

I created a PowerPoint and Cloze activity to help review other abolitionists and give a sneak peek into the creation of West Virginia.


This PowerPoint discusses abolitionists Nat Turner and John Brown and the formation of West Virginia.  It includes a Cloze activity for students to complete as they follow along.

You can pick up your free copy by clicking here.

Do you do a unit on abolitionists or the Civil War?  Care to share any great resources?

No comments: