Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daily 5 Center Rotation

I was reading a post at the Wise Guys blog, when I was inspired to write one of my own.  If you haven't checked out their blog, you should:

I was finding that when students were given the choice of centers, they were picking their favorite and never completing any of the rest.  So when I came across these Daily 5 rotation bookmarks, I was ecstatic! 
You can check out the originals at

If you laminate them, you can have the students check off the categories as they complete them with Sharpie.  It wipes off easily with rubbing alcohol.

The "Must-Do" at the top for our class is to read for 15 minutes from their buddy books.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I keep the literacy center activities stored in hanging pockets beneath my chalkboard.  I got these pockets from Really Good Stuff.  They're pretty sturdy and they keep the centers visible.

I keep the Daily 5 labels in the front of each pocket so kids know which activity they are completing.  I also staple one of those labels onto the activities so they make it back into the correct pocket.

No comments: