My TpT Store

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Reasons I Want to Get Organized

As I mentioned in my last post, The Clutter Free Classroom is having a "Get Organized Challenge" and I'm on board!  One of the things asked was "Why do you want to get organized?"  Well, I "borrowed" her thought board and added some reasons of my own below.
1.  More time on task (both for me and my students).  If everything's in its right place and clearly labeled, all of us will spend less time "looking" and more time "doing."  Which leads me to my second reason.

2.  Find things quickly.  See reason #1.

3.  Student self-efficacy.  This also ties into "find things quickly."  If students know where to look, they will do so more often on their own.

#4, #5, #6:  "Create a calming space" leads to "less stress" leads to "more time to relax."

I'm serious about this, and I have it scheduled to start taking and sharing my "before" pics tomorrow. 

I would love any and all suggestions you have for me once you see the pics!

No comments: